Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pattern of my life....

     Tuesday afternoon, I was helping a co-worker move a fridge. Dipshit wannabe thug in one of those blinged out cars T-boned us. (at least it wasn't MY truck). I hit my head against something and was dizzy and seeing double for a while. Wound up spending the night in the hospital as a precaution while they checked me for head injury. (Irony, I didn't even break the skin, but how the F I wound up with a concussion, I don't know!) Doc said the good news was that I wasn't gonna die on them. Bad news is that I am the prown owner of a "Type 2" knee sprain. (as bad as you can get before you need surgery to fix it) and I can't do anything strenuous for at least two weeks, including standing for long periods of time.
     That means I'm NOT going to DC.
     In the best case, I'd be making the knee worse that it is, delaying my healing, etc. Worse case, my knee would make me one hell of a slow target.
     At least work understands. Since we're still doing inventory, I'll be running a computer and entering stuff until I get off of the "no long standing" stuff.

     Seems like I run into a lot of this. Get my heart set on something, then something takes it away and I get something else.
     Makes me wonder if I'm God's stress/chew toy or incredibly lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment