Sunday, August 25, 2013

A few thoughts on the March on DC, Il Douche and a prediction

     I was talking to an old Army buddy about two weeks ago and the conversation turned to the March on DC. I said I hoped to go to the March on DC, but wasn't sure I'd be able to do it because of gas prices. There was a moment of silence on his end of the line, then he said, "You really want to go to this thing?"
     "Of course."
     "Let me get this straight. If I go, you expect me to drive 100 miles out of my f***ing way, pick you and your shit up, then keep from choking the crap out of you for 600 odd miles?"
     "You need a navigator." 
     "If I manage not to choke you, we'll do some protesting on both sides of the river by day and trying to get laid by night. After five days of this, I get to drive another 600 miles with you either crowing about scoring some hottie or whining about me cock-blocking you the whole damn way?"
     "Yes."
     "Sounds like a plan. When and where do I pick you up?"
     You gotta understand that Army buddies are gruff, sarcastic, use the F-word every other sentence (and on occasion, use the F-word and its variants in a complete, cohesive sentence), refuse to sugar-coat anything, will curse you for the slightest thing, threaten your life and limb for whatever, yet will loan you money or risk life and limb for you minutes later.
     When you and your buddies find each other after years of hearing nothing, the first words besides colorful expletives are often along the lines of "You still owe me $20" and "Where's the beer?"
     Within an hour, friendship moves from "hibernation" to "full speed ahead" as if the intervening years hadn't existed. Nothing in the world like an Army buddy.


***

     Once I had a ride arranged, my thoughts turned to "what the hell will I do once I'm there?"
     I plan on putting on my finest clothing (yes, I do have decent clothing, despite my nudist lifestyle) and hoof it over to the Capitol to give my Congressman a piece of my mind--PEACEFULLY. I honestly don't expect to see him, given it's the first week of the session, there will be at least thousands of citizens milling about with a purpose, and that I don't have an appointment.
     I intend to hand-deliver a letter to his staff, explaining (again) my disappointment on his 'yea' vote on  'Indefinite Detention.'
     The letter states that Indefinite Detention clashes with the Constitutional right to a speedy TRIAL and let him know I am not a happy constituent on this issue.
     After that, I will thank him for signing HR 36, which authorizes a Select Committee on investigating the Benghazi Massacre. I will likewise encourage him to encourage other Representatives and Speaker Boehner (218 signatures are required OR Speaker Boehner's authorization) to sign it. In addition, encourage him to support IMPEACHING OBAMA for IRS-Gate, NSA-Gate, Benghazi and Fast&Furious.
     A hand-delivered note is almost as good as getting a few moments of the Congressman's time. A staffer will tell him that I shown up and hand-delivered the letter. The fact one person made a 600 mile trip to deliver an opinion when a phone call/Email could have done the same thing gets noticed--in a good way. Anyone willing to go that far should be listened to because if not listened to, that person will go to equal lengths LEGALLY to get the Congressman out of office.
     After completing that task, depending upon the time of day, I plan to saunter over to Senator Rand Paul's office with a letter. I think he needs some encouragement. I don't think I'll actually get to talk to him and all that, but while I have no problem in letting my elected representatives know when I'm pissed off about something, I'm determined to let them know when they get it right.
     Once I complete my task, I'm going to go into the Tourist Mode and take lots of pics of "My trip to DC." (PLEASE let there be Libertarian Supermodels indulging in civil disobedience at a Demand the Right to Bare Breasts rally!)
     In addition, I plan to finally meet  fellow Patriots I've E-mailed in the course of the past weeks who likewise intend to visit their elected Representatives.
     I think I will know how I will feel when I finish.
     I will be happy, for despite efforts from one of the most corrupt and evil Regimes ON EARTH to disrupt the march (lots of infiltrators on various Net sites saying we shouldn't go because ____) or outright stop the March by refusing to issue the appropriate permits. I still did what I said I was going to do. I lawfully exercised my God-given right to speak as a citizen and petition my elected represenatives as I saw fit.
     Upon my departure from Rome/DC, I will return to the right side of the Rubicon/Potomac, change into suitable clothing and exercise another right called "open carry."
     Open Carry is simply carrying your firearm openly. No permit required as long as the weapon is easily visible, whether its holstered on a hip or a rifle slung over a shoulder. The Virginians are cool with open carry as long as it's done responsibly. By being "cool" with "Open Carry on the Potomac," Virginia is letting DC know they don't approve of their BS gun control proposals. Gotta love that.
     I will seek out and actively participate in PEACEFUL pro-2nd Amendment rallies, any possible training seminars being given and by that participation, join the ranks of determined citizens proud to let Il Douche and his Regime where we stand.

     
     

     My prediction:
     In talking with another friend, we disagreed upon one key question. "WHERE'S OBAMA GOING TO BE?"
     My buddy believes that Il Douche is going to 'be out of town' that week 'on business.' No way will Il Douche want to be anywhere near an anti-Obama march.
     I disagreed by saying that if Il Douche decamps and runs like a scalded dog, it will reinforce the perception that he is a pure physical coward. Especially if he leaves his family behind. A leader afraid in his own capital is not a leader. He HAS to stay put. He HAS to at least look like a leader.
     There is truth in both statements.
     If Der Holy Rockstar Messiah Mommy-Daddy, Lord and Savior Il Douche decides to leave BEFORE the protests, it shows his fear.
     If he decamps DC for whatever reason (excepting a VALID NATIONAL EMERGENCY THING), DURING the protests it reinforces the perception he is scared because he knows the truth.

     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment