Monday, November 3, 2014

Can you waste your vote?

   I have to ask this question: Can someone waste their vote? Some say a cast vote isn't wasted. I disagree. Why?
  When a voter votes for a certain party because "It's a family tradition" or "My family has always voted _________", it shows a lack of thinking on their part. They are perfectly willing to let someone else do their political thinking for them. Thus, in my mind, they aren't voting for themselves, but how their family tells them to vote. They've let themselves become lemmings.
 When a voter votes for __________ because their favorite celebrity says to, they reveal their stupidity. To those people who listen to celebrities, I say this; LOSERS!
  Why do I say LOSERS? God only knows what their motivation for voting is. I perceive that some of them will rush right out and vote for ____________ in the vain hope their favorite celebrity will notice and shower some sort of carnal reward on them. Bunch of dumbasses.
  When you vote for someone else because someone else says you should, you're not voting for yourself. You don't know if that person making said recommendation even knows what the hell they're talking about!
  When you vote for someone based on looks (yes, I know one gal who voted for Clinton in 1992 because he was "cute", then freaked because his proposed tobacco tax would (and did) put her tobacco-farming hubby out of business). With plastic surgery, an idiot can be made to look Presidential. For all you know, you just elected a handsome idiot to office!
  Some people say "What if I don't vote because I don't approve of the candidates?"
  Fair question. I've sat out a few elections because I thought both candidates were lowlife scum who needed a bullet rather than a vote. There IS a difference between not voting, and not having someone to vote for.
  If you have nobody worth voting for, then don't vote. If you don't vote because "it's inconvenient", then you wasted your vote.
 So how do you waste your vote? Casting an uninformed vote is a wasted vote. Casting a BLIND "one party vote" is a wasted vote also. Voting for a candidate based on looks is wasting your vote.
  The best way to cast your vote is to GET INFORMED on the candidates and issues. THEN vote. Don't waste your vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment